Amecet n'ainapakin (Shelter of Peace) is a ministry of Youth With A Mission (YWAM)in Soroti, Uganda. We are reaching out to HIV infected and affected children. We also are caring for new born babies, who lost their mother after the delivery. The third group of children we help, are children who need a safe place, they mostly come via the police. In this blog we want to share with you our stories, our pictures, our needs and blessings!

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Esther is now laughing again...in Heaven...

 Esther was with us in Amecet since February 2017, she was very thin and also weak, but she could still laugh by that time. She had several health problems, one of them was being HIV+ and she was even operated in April. When I left, at the end of April, I was not sure if I would see her again, and I said goodbye with tears in my eyes.....
I came back in Uganda on Saturday evening ( 27/5) and on Sunday I felt to go Amecet to see Esther. She was very sick and weak. This picture is from that day. She recognized me and she could still talk. On Monday she was more weak, but she could still tell me that she wanted to sit with me, I had her in my arms for a while, the speaking was more difficult. The doctor of the hospital came to see her in Amecet, on Tuesday and prescribed blood transfusion, we did that yesterday and we also put her on the oxygen machine. But in the evening, we saw that it was not going better. With the staff together we prayed for her, knowing that God could take her home every moment.
I went home, unsure of my emotions, I was sad, but I also knew that when God would take her home, her suffering would be over. But I also felt anger, towards....I don't know..., angry at the HIV, which took again an innocent victim...  Seeing the first picture, where Esther could still smile and laugh and then the last one, where she can hardly open her eyes... Esther should have been playing, going to school and having the hope of a good future...
This morning she was worse, didn't react on anything and at 11.30 m Deborah came to tell me that she had passed away, just quietly, without a lot of struggle. Simon and Emmanuel are carrying the coffin with her small thin body into the car, which will take her to her last resting place in the village.
Esther was only 9 years old, we celebrated her birthday just 2 months ago, by that time she hardly smiled anymore, but now....I am sure she is smiling and laughing with Jesus...

No comments:

Post a Comment